VIRTUAL YOUTH BOULDERING COMPETITION
November 9th – November 15th, 2020
2nd week of competition will be December 7- 13
We will have to pause the competition starting November 16th because of the state mandated closure of gyms from November 16th – 30th. We will restart the 2nd week of the competition once we are allowed to reopen. Thanks for your understanding.
This page will be updated or may change as additional information becomes available.
1) BECOME A USA CLIMBING MEMBER:
Competitors must have either an Introductory or Competitor membership to be eligible for the competition. Only competitors who have a Competitor Membership at the time of the competition are eligible for Regional Qualification ranking.
USA Climbing memberships are purchased directly through USA Climbing, not Santa Fe Climbing Center. USA Climbing memberships can be purchased here: http://www.usaclimbing.org/Members/Memberships.htm and must be purchased before you arrive to compete.
2) DOWNLOAD THE KAYA APP AND REGISTER THROUGH KAYA
- Watch the video, HOW TO COMPETE IN USA CLIMBING EVENTS. Have your smartphone ready (the phone you will use to log and film climbs during the competition) to complete steps while watching the video.
- In this video, you will download the KAYA app, set up your KAYA account, and register for the competition at Santa Fe Climbing Center.
- This video also explains how to log climbs in KAYA once you have downloaded the app and registered for the competition.
- Our Event Name in KAYA is USAC Youth R41 Santa Fe Climbing Center 09NOV20
- Registration for the competition is $31.20. This is paid to USA Climbing through KAYA, and does not include admission to Santa Fe Climbing Center.
3) FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE COMPETITION
- Visit http://www.usaclimbing.org/Regions.htm for detailed competition information and rules.
- All competitors should watch the 3 videos below before beginning the competition.
- HOW TO COMPETE IN USA CLIMBING EVENTS
- How to Start a Boulder
- Filming for the Virtual Series Explained
4) BEFORE YOU ARRIVE TO SANTA FE CLIMBING CENTER:
- Complete Santa Fe Climbing Center’s online waiver
- Review our COVID-19 policies and Covid Questionnaire
- You must have a current Membership or purchase a Day Pass to compete.
- Lastly please make a reservation HERE to book your time to climb.
- All spectators must make a reservation and pay the spectator fee – $10.82 (50% off day pass).