- Ohm attaches at the first bolt in the safety chain; in the event of a fall, the rope is pulled into the device’s braking unit and the fall is progressively arrested
- With Ohm, belay normally with your preferred belay device; Ohm is not a replacement for a belay device
- The Ohm makes it easier for a belayer to hold a fall and limits how high he or she is pulled off the ground; this can help reduce the distance a lead climber falls
- Lowering a heavier climber is also easier to control
- Ohm does not increase friction for the lead climber, nor does it negatively affect paying out the rope
- For single ropes with diameters of 8.9 to 11mm
- Recommended weight difference (lead climber > belayer): 25&38211;85 lbs.; minimum belayer weight 85 lbs.